An insiders look into my thinking.
I’m hungover, and as I rode my bike to work this morning, I was distinctly aware of my own inner monologue. And MAN - that thing is all over the shop. Here’s what I thought about (I think):
- DESIGN: Why doesn’t Mercedes Benz go back to designing cars for dudes? Old Benz’ were GANGSTA - all hard angles and width. They looked menacing and bad ass. The currently ones look distinctly ladylike - BIG GERMAN TAMPONS.
- CHILDISH GAMBINO: one lyric in particular: ‘You get sloppy drunk/I stay whiskey neat’. That is a cool lyric, yet it made me regret whiskey for a moment.
- LONELINESS: I started to concentrate on what would be worse: being lonely yet not alone, or the more traditional being alone AND lonely. I think the former, but then I stopped thinking about it because I was getting bummed out.
- WEATHER: the temperature has changed. It’s no longer horrifically hot - a marked improvement, but I bet I miss this when it’s freeeeeezing (You cant’…always get…what you waaaaaant)
- MY LEG: I think about my leg a lot. I don’t want it amputated.
- BIKE RIDING FOR THE DISABLED: If it was amputated, could I still ride a bike? I think maybe with momentum, but no way you could get started
- PORNO: how does Beijing have a sex shop on every corner, selling all sorts of fucked up paraphernalia, yet NO PORNO? What a weird culture.
This final thought really dominated proceedings from there on in. Regards, my brain.