My hangover: A recap
Last night was a huge one, and I have a truly epic hangover today. Here is a quick recap of the events of the last four or so hours.
- 10am - Alarm goes off, and I begin to get up. I have had 8 hours sleep, which I believe to be sufficient for the day ahead. My body strongly disagrees, and demands more sleep. Body=1, urge to ‘get up and enjoy the day’=0
- 11am - Body relents and allows me to get up and wee. I have 2000 litres of urine on tap, and my whole body aches. I realise I have a bow tie on. I have slept in black tie. This seems overly formal for bed. I return to bed with the bow tie on, now seeing it as a trophy.
- Midday - awaken properly, remove black tie. Stand in shower. Realise extent of hangover, begin to enjoy this hugely altered state of mind
- 12:15pm - Sit down on couch, with coffee. Stare out window for 30 minutes, in literally no mood: not sad, not happy, not bored, not content, not anything. Just staring. Begin to understand how Labrador at home goes through life. Thought occurs: I have work to do today. Feeling of unease arrives.
- 12:45pm - Ride bike to local shopping area for food and real coffee. Lift stops at 6th floor, I get out and look for the exit for 5 minutes before noticing via a window that I am still very much above ground.
- 12:50pm - exit building successfully, on ground floor.
- 12:55pm - Bicycle riding to hard. Move to area on foot.
- 1pm - DVDs and food purchased, I return home and decide to blog.
Should anything exciting happen, I’ll update accordingly.