Thoughts on a New (York) City.
Welcome back sportsfans, Scrambler is back for 2015 in a whole new locale - New Jack City. That's right, we've traded in the smog and spitting for the hustle and bustle of le Big Apple, and here are a few randomly put together thoughts after a mere fortnight with boots on the ground.
- Seoul Airport is not the ideal Christmas destination you think it is. Change your plans, stay at home.
- New York City is awesome/freezing/intimidating/accessible/bizarre. All at once, all the time. I haven't stopped smiling since I got here.
- There are far too many options to eat. This is not a bad thing, but it is initially overwhelming.
- Gramercy/Flatiron (where I live) is amazing. But I also think this of most of the other places I've bumbled across.
- This city makes you feel kinda like you're living in a movie. Possibly because there are actors and famous people everywhere. I caught a train with The National the other day, and had to suppress a squeal. Being cool here is very hard.
- I feel constantly underdressed, regardless of what I'm wearing. It's like everyone has a stylist, at all times. Fuckers.
- Things I will have back in my life: LIVE MUSIC! ENGLISH SHOPPING! CLOTHES NOT BOUGHT FROM H&M!
- Things that will be leaving my life: having savings/spare cash.
This place is the ducks nuts. More to follow.