Random Thoughts from A Far Off Land.
So here I sit, in a hotel room in Erlangen, Germany, on my own. In my brain, it is 7:15pm and I feel like a beer, some dinner and an early night. In reality it's 1:15pm, and I have a solid 8 more hours to remain awake. I am considerably discombobulated, so here are some random thoughts, compiled over a 1 hour run around this place.
- Erlargen is brought to you by the colour GREY and the word INDUSTRIAL. This could possibly be the least inspiring place in the universe. I propose that the reasons Germany, throughout history, has felt the need to dominate Europe is because the rest of Europe is significantly less shit to look at, and run around.
- The university here is very nice, and completely abandoned. I got chased by a small dog, and it freaked me out: I put this down to tiredness and the fact that I have consumed WAAAAAAY to much zombie fiction: watching The Walking Dead while reading World War Z. You don't want to suddenly find yourself in empty places in this headset: say, an empty university in an empty city in Germany.
- A LOT of the (albeit few) residents in this place look like my mum's friend Jo Forsyth. This was strange: Jo as child, teen, young adult, mum and older woman. Like generations of the same person. Only Mum will get this.
- Looking an the menus in the few places I saw open, they should rename this country 'Gluton-y'. If I die here in the next few days, safe to say it will be due to a blocked tract of some type. I was not born to survive in central Europe.
- I have now realised my card doesn't work here, and as such I have 50 euro to survive on for a week. Should be interesting.